Sunday, March 17, 2013

PEACE SLAYS THE DIRTY BIRD

THE PATH OF PEACE
(the white poodle in the back with the red glasses is chillin)

When you're scooting along the highway and you turn down a rocky road, I hope this post will encourage you to flip to the positive and travel back down the path of peace. Thanks to Linda for allowing me to snap this quick pic for the post. She is a member of SCOOTNASHVILLE.COM. This is her slick scooter called the Auto Moto. Isn't the future of driving mind blowing?



DIRTY BIRDS are flying out from every hand and are being shot like arrows of indignation. The speedy and bothersome target is YOU!!!  Some modern day drivers seem to be meaner than ever and those of us on that tame end of the driving spectrum should be on the look out for those fast flying middle fingers that will be pointed in your direction without a moments notice. There are many people who will not think twice when it comes to showing you how they feel about you and your driving. Flippin the bird is the most preferred way to show your aggravation for other drivers and I am noticing it on a regular basis. The only way to slay this dirty bird is to arm yourself with the silver bullet of PEACE.

CAST A SHADOW OF PEACE WHEREVER YOU ROLL!

Everyday we are driving along, trying to do whatever we need to get done. When progress seems to be impeded this will lead to putting the petal to the metal. Humility and respect are out the door. When you have congested and chaotic roadways, it is only a matter of time before road rage shows it's ugly head. A police officer friend of mine said that the term"road rage"is a name given by the media. He explained that if you flip someone off while driving your car, you could be charged with anything from assault to vehicular assault or reckless driving. Giving "the finger" would be considered an obscene act and/ or a provoking act that could ignite a road rage incident. In simple terms, if you flip someone off, it could be so distracting to the other driver to the point that anger ensues and retaliation is then sought out by the other driver against you.  

Here is my question. Is it worth risking bodily injury when you get pissed off by a driver and then decide to flip them off? It shows a certain cowardice and child-like attitude when a person thinks this will somehow make them feel better. I believe it goes much deeper than simply driving. It is about the person who becomes so bogged down in their own selfish world that they get offended by the least bit of inconvenience. Is it so inconvenient that we have to compound the problem by being hellbent on vehicular vengeance? I have had moments where I felt like I was being held back from moving forward in life and driving only multiplied my frustrations.

Just two months ago, with my son in the car, I was driving on a rainy night and didn't see a pedestrian walking across the street. I rolled down my window to apologize but that didn't stop the guy from using some strategically placed expletives. His weapon of choice was the middle finger, as he flung it out like a hand grenade of explosive rage. Being one to not back down from a good fight, I got out of the car and chased him away, cursing and yelling at him with rapid retaliation. I didn't know that in the process of getting out, my cell phone had dropped out of my lap into the dark, rainy streets. Thirty minutes later I realized my phone was missing and realized what had happened. I just knew that my phone was surely crushed by a car or ruined by the heavy falling rain. I also knew there was a ringing truth in my conscious that told me I was the prideful pupil who needed to learn a hard lesson. As I returned from dropping my son off, I rushed back to the scene of the crime and lying on the wet pavement between all of the moving cars was my phone. It wasn't broken to bits and it was dry as a bone. I know this was a direct call of peace telling me that I needed to be slowed down from anger and I had to see that when I am driving, the whole world doesn't revolve around me.

JOY AND POSITIVITY


 I take the two thumbs up approach to driving and life. I alone am responsible for how I react when confronted with the angry hand of a driver. I look at it this way. This person is either in a momentary lapse of discontent over my driving or travels through a continual hula hoop of cranky and complex turns on the road of life. Next time you are faced with the dirty bird driver, flip to the positive side of the road and give them two thumbs up. It can speak a very loud and clear message that resting on your seat of peace is a loaded double barrel shotgun of joy and positivity.




LEAVE A COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU GET THE DIRTY BIRD.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Kyndl. Thanks for posting our picture today. Love this blog on driving. People get so annoyed with scooters, or motorcycles sometimes and often do dangerous, stupid driving to get past you. What? Are we having too much fun and enjoying life too much for you? Thanks for sharing your story, it is a reminder for myself to not get angry. I will from now on, give them the peace sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking how we all have a choice on how we respond and meeting you gave me an even greater perspective on this. People should respect the special scooter people too. Feel free to follow me @thefehrenheights.com. You made my day.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Kyndl. I know we choose the vehicles we drive for various reasons, and if everyone knew how vulnerable you are on a scooter, or motorcycle, they would not follow so closely behind, or pull out in front of you. One bump of our back tire could kill us by making us lose control and dump the bike. Let's not make our cars, trucks, or SUV's a weapon to hurt or kill others because we our 'put out' or angry.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will spread the word and peace to help others be aware. I hope to bump into you again.lol. In the safe way of course. Peace to all scooters.

      Delete