Sunday, March 10, 2013

POUR ME A CUP






IGNITE YOUR THIRST


Mixing up different fruits and juices is a new interest of mine. I like trying to invent a new taste that moves me to an even greater fruity sensation.  I ask myself, “What could I possibly blend together that would create the perfect drink?” I  may never find it, but at least I can keep trying. Pushing my creative juices to the limit quenches my thirst even more. I thirst for creativity from every angle of my life and I try to look at things from a different perspective. I don’t even consider the way I think to be outside the box because I avoid trying to place my thoughts anywhere near a box. It has something to do with feeling trapped I guess. To have my mind hemmed up by a chamber of claustrophobic limitations scares me more than just a little. I choose to move my being beyond the box of conformity.


In the art world, one of the best examples of a person who created outside the lines of conformity was Pablo Picasso. He pioneered a form of art called Cubism and it has been widely considered the greatest influential art movement of the 20th century. The idea behind this form dealt with Picasso looking at his brush strokes from a multi-dimensional aspect and not just from one viewpoint. Cubism would enhance the context of what was being expressed. Picasso created a new way to look at the objects that he painted and this influenced similar movements in music, literature and architecture.



PICASSO'S "FRIENDSHIP"

There have been days when my life was just too overwhelming and I drank from a chalice filled with dry dust. The only friend I had was the creative mind that God gave me and it was buried by a troubled life. The bitter taste of this colorless cocktail caused my imagination to melt away like an ice sculpture held over a fire. The smoke covered glasses I was wearing only created a blind spot that covered my real creative potential. Almost everything we see has the potential of becoming more than what is visible. My own personal creative mantra states it the best way possible. It says, “one look and I am inspired.” At the risk of sounding idealistic, I believe that we all have the vision to go beyond our everyday experiences. One simple look can transport you to new and insightful concepts and open your world up to the creative caverns of the mind. We can instinctively start to choose from the pastel and polka dotted visions and lay down the colors that will become the object of affection for those who see it.

RUN FROM THE BOX

Let us celebrate the power of our imagination and watch as the muscles of the mind start to bulge, ready to rip into action and take on any artistic challenge with flare. I will run from the creative crisis, from that confining box that leaves me sucking air through a straw in hopes that I will taste that thick sweet molasses. Instead, I will make a toast to all of the many creative juices that overflow within me. I will rise and pour me a cup of creativity.





NOTE: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT.




No comments:

Post a Comment